Floyd Mayweather Bows Out of Boxing after Beating Andre Berto (Photos)
Back in the ring for the first time since May when he beat Manny Pacquiao in a “mega-fight” that became the richest bout in boxing, Mayweather landed 232 of 410 punches while Berto connected with just 83 of 495.
This made him an undefeated champ at 49-0 with 26 KOs, equaling the mark of heavyweight
champion Rocky Marciano, who also retired as an unbeaten champion.
As of now, Floyd insists he won’t come back for a 50th fight. He completed his six-fight deal with Showtime that earned him more than $300 million.
“You got to know when to hang it up,” Mayweather said. “I think it’s my time to hang it up. I’m close to 40 years old. I broke all records. There’s nothing else to prove in the sport of boxing. Now I just want to spend time with my family and children and take Mayweather Promotions to the next level.”







Post a Comment